quinta-feira, 9 de março de 2023

If your language is not Portuguese

According to records in my blog, I have readers from outside Brazil, in several countries, which gives me great satisfaction. However, I don't know if they are reading the texts in Portuguese or if they are using the automatic translation offered on the blog. This type of translation has been improving in recent years and expanding to a huge range of languages.
I communicate reasonably well in English and Spanish, but I don't write well enough to publish blog posts in those and other languages ​​​​without the help of translators or proofreaders. Therefore, I restrict myself to Portuguese. Automatic translation, it seems to me, will be enough for readers to understand the texts, despite the inevitable inaccuracies due to the particularities of each language.
In my blog, you may have automatic translation of the original texts into many languages through quite simple command actions. My evaluation of the English and Spanish versions is that they are not perfect, but they are quite understandable. Therefore I think this resource is very useful for people who would like to know my writings but do not understand Portuguese.
If you have comments, write them in your language and I will get the translation.
As I have tested it on my PC and my cellphone, the way to get the translation is:

    1. With the PC (Windows, Google Chrome):

    • On the blog screen click the English flag.
    • The text is translated into English and above the blog title it writes: Google Translate  Portuguese detected > English.

    2. With the cellphone (Android, Google Chrome):

    • On the blog screen, touch on the 3 dots at the top, on the right.
    • A menu opens; touch on “Translate”/“Translate”
    • The texts are translated into English.
    • If you wish to change the language you touch on the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen, on the right.
    • A new menu opens; touch on “Mais idiomas” or “More languages”
    • A big menu opens for you to select, for example, “Espanhol” (or “Spanish”).
    • After touching on the selected language, you will have the desired translation.
    • You may test the translation with one of my chronicles already published, which are offered on the cellphone when you open the blog. For example: “Longevidade – A fórmula”.
            Thank you for your attention.

          Washington Luiz Bastos Conceicao


Um comentário:

  1. From my American friend, Jim Kelly: . Translations are working well with your Portuguese. That's great.

    ResponderExcluir